To start or expand a business, you need capital. Raising capital, however, is one of the most difficult challenges that a company can undertake. In the current economy, investors at all levels have become increasingly risk-averse, resulting in even greater competition for their limited investment dollars. And heightened regulatory scrutiny by the SEC means that compliance with securities laws has never been more important.
So, what must an entrepreneur or business owner do to successfully navigate the process?
Topics for this complimentary seminar will include:
- Determining a company’s capital requirements
- Identifying those who can satisfy those requirements
- Defining the terms of the equity offering
- Understanding what it means to have investors
- Complying with federal and state securities laws
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Strategies for increasing a company’s chance of success